- Business Information Resources - A research tool in CareerBeam that allows you to search associations, magazines/journals, newsletters, trade shows, directories & databases, and website by industry or keyword.
- FranklinCovey - WGU offers students accces to FranklinCovey InSights & Excelerators courses. Insights start with an engaging video, followed by powerful reflective questions for learners. These influential courses teach individuals the basics of great leadership, effectiveness, and productivity. Excelerators are high-quality, self-paced courses for individuals looking to increase business and leadership skills. Excelerators offer content-based instruction through videos, animation, interactive quizzes and assessments, PDF guidebooks as well as other resources and tools.
- Free Online Business Training - WGU partners with MindEdge’s One Hour Courses to provide free online business training for alumni! Courses include management, leadership, and communication training, as well as interviewing skills and winning cover letters and resumes. Enter promo code WGUALUM during checkout to start your 60 days of free courses!
- Lynda.com - A resource for WGU students, Lynda.com is a leading online learning company that helps anyone learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. Members have access to the lynda.com video library of engaging, top-quality courses taught by recognized industry experts.
- Skillport Access - This website provides professional modules and information you can implement in your everyday business practices and procedures. Please login using your student portal user name and then select "Forgot Password". You'll want to enter your @my.wgu.edu email to receive a password reset link. Note: This continued access could change over time as costs rise and contracts change.
- What Can I Do with a Degree in... ? - Explore professional opportunities for graduates with your specific degree.
USEFUL LINKSThe following links will take you to websites that might be of interest to business professionals. There are links to appropriate job searching websites, salary reviews, and professional associations. They are provided for your convenience. Any information, materials, personal opinions, or endorsements of products or services appearing on external sites are not controlled, endorsed, or sponsored by Western Governors University.
Healthcare Financial Management
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
American Society for Training & Development (ASTD)
American Marketing Association
Marketing Career Network
American Management Association
Online Work/ Telecommuting
Retail & Sales
National Association of Sales Professionals
All Retail Jobs