Whether you are an up-and-coming network administrator, junior-level java programmer, or Fortune 500 black-belt project manager, we hope you find a resource here for you.
WGU offers students accces to FranklinCovey InSights & Excelerators courses. Insights start with an engaging video, followed by powerful reflective questions for learners. These influential courses teach individuals the basics of great leadership, effectiveness, and productivity. Excelerators are high-quality, self-paced courses for individuals looking to increase business and leadership skills. Excelerators offer content-based instruction through videos, animation, interactive quizzes and assessments, PDF guidebooks as well as other resources and tools.
Free Online Business Training
WGU partners with MindEdge’s One Hour Courses to provide free online business training for alumni! Courses include management, leadership, and communication training, as well as interviewing skills and writing cover letters and resumes. Enter promo code WGUALUM during checkout to start your 60 days of free courses!
A resource for WGU students, Lynda.com is a leading online learning company that helps anyone learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. Members have access to the lynda.com video library of engaging, top-quality courses taught by recognized industry experts.
The Open Courseware Consortium offers an incredible number of free higher education resources. Literally dozens of universities from across the nation contribute to this initiative. Check it out.
This website provides professional modules and information you can implement in your everyday business practices and procedures. Please login using your student portal credentials when prompted. Note: This continued access could change over time as costs rise and contracts change.
The World Wide Web Consortium offers free educational resources that aim at comprehensive coverage of all things web related. Study XML, PHP, Java Script, .NET, SQL, CSS, WML and more.
- IBM University Students
- Microsoft College Careers
- Apple's Opportunities for New Graduates
- ESRI Careers and Internships
- Amazon.com University Jobs
- State Farm IT Careers and Internships
- Red Hat College Recruiting
- CSC Business and Technology Entry Level Careers
- Dice - Job Search Engine for IT Professionals - This site allows technology professions to search for jobs and access career related information in the IT field.
- Careers in the Intelligence Community - This page lists key positions available in intelligence and information security with the U.S. government.
- The Ladders - The Technology division of the Ladders offers a number of six-figure income and upper management positions. Access to most of the ladders require a paid subscription.
- oDesk - Online Jobs for Developing and Programming - This website offers freelance jobs for web development, programming, and other technical types of coding and programming.
Note: The links in this section are provided only for your convenience. Any information, materials, personal opinions, or endorsements of products or services appearing on external sites are not controlled, endorsed, or sponsored by Western Governors University.