The following businesses/companies offer perks for licensed educators. Please consult these businesses to make sure they honor these promotions in your state and have your teacher ID card/paystub with you as proof of your educator status.
The links below are provided for your convenience. Any information, materials, personal opinions, or endorsements of products or services appearing on external sites are not controlled, endorsed, or sponsored by Western Governors University. Similarly, the discounts are offered by each individual corporation solely and are subject to change at any time. WGU does guarantee any of these discounts.
- www.myeducationdiscount.com - over 150 stores listed with coupons for teachers. Most are for on-line purchases, but some stores have printable coupons to use in an actual store
- Ann Taylor Loft – 15% discount
- Christopher & Banks Menswear – 15% discount
- J. Crew Stores – offer teacher discounts at select stores across the country. This offer is only good on full price items and can be use for on-line purchases
- The Limited - Save 15% off every purchase made at The Limited for students and graduates. This offer is not valid online and cannot be combined with other coupons when redeemed in-store
Craft & Office Supplies
- A.C. Moore - 10% Teachers Club Discount
- JoAnn Fabric – 15% Teacher Discount off your total purchase
- Hobby Lobby - 10% Educator's Discount with Teacher I.D.
- Michael’s Craft Store – 20% Teacher Discount off your total purchase
- Office Depot Star Teacher Program – a Teacher Rewards Program where you earn redeemable points for every dollar you spend
- Fed Ex Office/Kinko's National Educators Discount - 15% off most products and services
- Office Max- offers a program where you earn redeemable points on in-store purchases
- Apple – has a teacher discount program for your personal computer needs
- Dell - Educator's discount up to 30% off on select systems and accessories
- Hewlett-Packard - up to 10% discount on HP computers and products
- Verizon Wireless – depending upon your state, a teacher discount plan is available for purchase. Be prepared to type in your work email address at this site to see if you are eligible
- Barnes & Noble Educator’s Discount – 20% off store purchases for your classroom
- Smilemakers.com – offers stickers to teachers at a discounted rate
- Sam’s Club – offers periodic promotions to teachers on discounted memberships
- Kennedy Space Center – free admission for Florida and Georgia teachers with proof of licensure
- Aquariums, Performing Arts Centers, and Museums -many offer free admission or teacher discounts, so inquire within each venue of interest
- Home Mortgage Companies offer special loan programs for teachers who are first time home-buyers (such as Wells-Fargo & Traditional Home Mortgage). HUD’s Good Neighbor Next Door Program is also an option for teachers.