Never wear a backward baseball cap to an interview unless applying for the job of umpire. - Dan Zevi
WGU Career & Professional Development is pleased to offer WGU students and alumni access to Big Interview, a free and comprehensive interview preparation and practice system.
Big Interview Highlights:
- Enhance your skills - Utilize Big Interview’s extensive curriculum to help you learn today’s best interviewing techniques!
- Anticipate Questions – Visit the Question Library (within the “Practice” tab) and choose from dozens of interview sets sorted by industry and occupation to help you anticipate and prepare for those tough questions.
- Practice - Record, review, and share your answers to help you gain feedback and improve your skills before your next interview.
- Visit the link: https://wgu.biginterview.com/
- Select the GREEN “Register” button in the upper right hand corner
- Enter your WGU email address, First Name, Last Name and Password of your choice
- Select the GREEN “Create My Account” button
Once you are signed up, check out some of these helpful links.
- Fast Track - Perfect interview tutorial to complete for when you have an interview coming up in the next few days.
- Build Your Interview Stories - Prepare to answer tough behavioral questions by choosing examples of you at your best and following guided tabs and advice for creating strong stories.
- Tell Me About Yourself - A common question that is asked in most interviews, it is a question for which you must be prepared!
- Practice - Conduct a mock interview. Hundreds of interview question practice sets are available through Big Interview. You can search by most common questions, by industry, and by competency. There are also question sets for government positions and veterans.
Be sure to practice your interview skills and get constructive feedback from a knowledgeable expert before your next interview.
- Share Your Practice Interview - Once you record your practice interview in Big Interview, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of WGU’s career services advisors will review your recording and share feedback with you.
- Request a Mock Interview - In addition to recording a practice interview, schedule a mock interview with your career advisor for additional feedback and tips on interview best practices.