Teachers College Job Boards
National K-12 Job Opportunities
Additional K-12 Job Opportunities
National K-12 Virtual Job Opportunities
Additional K-12 Virtual Job Opportunities
International Job Opportunities
Higher Education Job Opportunities
Teach for AmericaWhat is Teach For America?
- Teach For America works in partnership with communities to expand educational opportunity for children facing the challenges of poverty.
- Founded in 1990, Teach For America recruits and develops a diverse corps of outstanding college graduates and professionals to make an initial two-year commitment to teach in high-need schools and become lifelong leaders in the effort to end educational inequity.
- This fall, 8,800 corps members will be teaching in 52 urban and rural regions across the country while more than 42,000 alumni work across sectors to ensure that all children have access to an excellent education.
- Each year, thousands of talented, passionate people from all majors and career backgrounds with the desire to make an impact join our corps of teachers.
- The corps experience begins with rigorous summer training, followed by structured coaching and development through the two-year commitment.
- Corps members are employed by schools and earn the same salary and benefits as other teachers.
- We've found these nine characteristics often lead our teachers to success in classroom and our admissions process.
Teach for America Toolbox
Teach for America contact information:
Office phone: 817-337-4253
Note: The links in this section are provided only for your convenience. Any information, materials, personal opinions, or endorsements of products or services appearing on external sites are not controlled, endorsed, or sponsored by Western Governors University.